Having a wide range of festivals and exhibitions for you to choose from to gain exposure for your business, the important question to ask is, “which festival or exhibition show will bring the best return for my business?” For example, The Franchise Business Festival #FBF is an event primarily focused on catering to the franchise industry. Organisers of this event focus on bringing together stakeholders, government officials, industry experts, franchisors, franchisees and industry suppliers to network, recruit, supply and focus on promoting and marketing your franchise business to potential buyers.
What organisers of these festivals have discovered over the years, is that many exhibitors fail to maximise their return on investment when exhibiting their business offering because exhibitors fail to leverage opportunities within the festival that are vital to getting your money’s worth.
Exhibiting at an event like the Franchise Business Festival can save you time and money and can give you a good return on investment but the key is to plan and prepare to make it worth your while.
Our recommendation is to plan and prepare and make the most out of exhibiting at these events. Here are tips, ideas and suggestions you can use to help you maximise your return on investment when it comes to exhibiting at festivals, trade shows and expos:
1. A key factor when exhibiting at festivals is the leverage of marketing to another audience that’s not yours
It takes roughly a year to organise a successful event like the franchise festival. Event organisers are responsible for ensuring that you get the best exposure possible providing you with quality lead visitors. Their goal is to provide you with a platform to help you get the best return on investment when it comes to marketing your business.
- Book your exhibition stand well in advance, the earlier the better.
- Supply the event organisers with everything they need that will aid them in advertising your business and/or franchise opportunity.
2. Save yourself time and get the best return on investment when exhibiting at festivals or trade shows
It’s important to follow all the requests from your event organisers to assist them in preparing for the festival. If you are a business that exhibits often or every year, there are tools to help you save time in the long run. These tools help you to upload different types of information such as logos, marketing material, presentations, profile photos, biographies all in one location. The initial set up will take some time but once you’ve uploaded all the bits of information you can then send the link to exhibition organisers, PR and media that gives them access to the information they may need.
- A professionally designed logo in high resolution. File size should be more than 1mb in size.
- Digital content event organisers can use to help promote your franchise or business offering.
- Promotional visuals such as presentations, specials, images.
- Write up on your franchise or business offering.
- Professional profile images of any speakers or key personnel.
- Biographies of relevant people involved in the event.
This is the first easy step in getting on top of your game when it comes to using exhibitions and festivals to market your franchise business. In our next article we will share tips on how to promote your franchise business or service.
One last thought to remember
With so much to do and not enough time on our hands, it’s easy to put things on the shelf to deal with later, “after all it’s months away”. However, the festival date creeps up on you and before you know it, you have lost out on the free additional marketing and advertising exposure for your franchise or business offering that is included in your exhibition pack.
Latest posts by Romany Thresher (see all)
- How Exhibitors can cash in on the all new Franchise Business Festival - February 24, 2017
- How to Exhibit to get the best return on investment at Exhibitions – 4 - February 17, 2016
- Make the most when you exhibit at the franchise festival – 3 - February 16, 2016
- Make the most when you exhibit at the franchise festival – 2 - January 14, 2016
- Make the most out of exhibiting at the franchise festival – 1 - January 14, 2016